Review: A Sister's Test

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Sister's Test
A Sister's Test by Wanda E. Brunstetter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



'A Sister's Test' is book two in the Sisters of Holmes County series
by Wanda E. Brunstetter. Given my less than steller review of book one, 'A Sister's Secret', I was a little wary about reading this. I am glad I gave it a chance, however. There are still a few qualities of the book that I find annoying, such as repetitive explanations and defining the Amish words in the text rather than utilizing a glossary.

This story follows the middle sister, Ruth and her speedy romance and marriage to Martin. When attacks against her family become serious, Ruth is left with some life changing circumstances that she must overcome. I won't spoil the story for those that haven't read it yet, but I was rather surprised at some of the twists. I think the outcome was for the better, for Ruth, although it was somewhat predictable.

We continue to see struggles between Grace and Cleon as they are working through their relationship. I must say, and I hate saying this about a fictional character, as if they're a real person, I really dislike Cleon. I'm not sure if the Author meant for people to dislike his character, but I do. He is tolerable and means well, he's just a rather annoying character.

Moving on to Martha, we see her as she continues exploring her feelings for Luke. Her Dad doesn't trust him, and frankly, I can see why. I honestly think he is innocent of all he's being accused of though, but as with book one, we're left hanging on the real culprit.

All in all, this book was much better than the first book, I still have a few complaints but overall I was pleased enough with the book to give it a high rating. I look forward to reading book three to see how everything resolves itself.



View all my reviews

Post a Comment