Review: The Hobbit

Tuesday, April 10, 2012


The Hobbit
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Thorin OakenShield, The Hobbit

I have read this book many times and, as always, I am drawn to Middle Earth as a moth is drawn to a flame. Oh the lessons that we can learn from Bilbo Baggins! I could give a long elaborate review on this book but feel it is pretty unnecessary. The beauty (and danger) Of Middle Earth has enticed many a reader without my help and I'm sure it will continue to do so for many years to come. So, I leave you all with one of my favorite poems from The Hobbit and I hope that you enjoy!

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.



Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.



View all my reviews

Post a Comment