My Violet Vox Box Review!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Violet Vox Box

Inspired by this season's dark, moody florals, the Violet VoxBox is for the beauty queens of Influenster Nation. And, as surely as winter comes, we know that under layers of snow, spring violets still grow. Take a peek inside the Violet VoxBox - and discover the next big thing!

I wanted to change things up a bit and take a minute to review each of my influenster items collectively but also individually. There were some really great products in this box and I definitely think it deserved its own blog post so without further ado...


Sally Hansen Triple Shine


My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was sent the Red Snapper color to try. I have to say that I really love how this polish goes on. It's creamy but it doesn't gel so fast that you're smudging or causing an uneven surface in the nail. I love the shine and I really love the color.

However, I noticed that this polish chips really fast. I tried it on three different occasions and each time it chipped in under an hour. Then when I started to remove the polish is where the biggest disappointment came in...

This stuff smears so badly that it literally made my fingers look as if I'd chopped a finger off or something! I used so much remover trying to get all of the staining off but it has to just wear off and it also stained my nails! I had to repaint them immediately to cover up the now red hue to my nails. I think that Triple Shine has promise but it needs a little work!

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my gosh! This stuff is amazing! I really can't rave about it enough. I'm a busy mama and this stuff saved my hair so many times.







My daughter was also a
Rockin' NYMCleanFreak!!!
huge fan. Check out how shiny and pretty her hair is and it's definitely a NYMCleanFreak moment!


I've definitely stocked up on another can of it and I have raved to everyone about what a great product it is. The only thing I wish is that there were different fragrances to choose from but that's a small minor detail and not that huge of a deal. On a scale of 1 to 10 on how great this is? It's a 20! If I get to try no other product this year; I'm glad that I got to try this one!


SoyJoy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to say, my children enjoyed this bar. I however did not like it. Why? Quite simply; I do not like bananas and that was the flavor I was sent. Perhaps I would like another flavor. I cannot say for certain as I was a bit squeamish about the texture as well. Thus, I'm not sure if I will purchase in the future to test my taste buds! I'm giving this a B because my kids did eat it. I'm not giving it an A because when I asked if they would eat it again I got, "maybe" as a reply. I think it just needs a little work on flavor and texture and it would be a hit

Goody® Athletique

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Overall this headband does what it says. It is a moisture wicking headband and in that regard it does what it says it'll do.

But...it's ugly! *whines and stomps* I know, I know, if it does what it says it'll do then why am I whining about how it looks? I guess I would like something that is pretty and doesn't automatically make me think of a boring ole jockstrap...okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but you totally get me...right? (psst...I've never worn a jockstrap lol!)

It also kept slipping. I'm thinking it was too large for my head but when I tried to tighten it up then the velcro pulled on my hair and I disliked that. I had to use hair clips to keep the headband from sliding around and if I'm having to use clips then it's pointless to have to wear a headband! 

4 stars for doing what it claimed to do. I would like to see some improvements on the looks and performance before I would consider buying this particular style of headband again.  



Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spa


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This stuff is great. It smells fantastic and left my face soft and fresh. I actually went out and bought a couple packs after I had the chance to try this out and I plan to use it once a week.

As much as I enjoyed this product I couldn't bring myself to uploading a picture of myself in the mask. Sorry folks! The sight was a bit scary!

No complaints other than the mask is a bit large and kept sliding around. It smells fantastic and does wonders in bringing moisture to the skin. I wish there was a mask for the whole body! Fantastic product and worth every penny.

This was a complimentary gift from the Influenster Program! I was not required to write a positive review. The views and opinions I have expressed are my own.

2 Responses to “My Violet Vox Box Review!”

  1. The dry shampoo is the bombdiggity! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! You got some fun stuff to try! :) The shampoo and clay mask intrigue me!

    ReplyDelete