Review of 'A Reluctant Queen' by Joan Wolf

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Reluctant Queen: The Love Story of EstherA Reluctant Queen: The Love Story of Esther by Joan Wolf

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Suggested Age:17+
Genre: Christian, Historical Fiction

Wow! This book...

Where do I start? I guess I'll start with the cover. It is so gorgeous that it made me want to read the book.

The story—one of the best I've read so far about a bible character.

I couldn't put this book down. Of course I knew that Esther would be queen but I sat on the edge of my seat waiting to see how the king would respond to her.

I'm not one to use made up words but this time I have to because anything less than fantabulous can't be used to describe this book!!!

Of course most of us are familiar with Esther but have you ever wondered how she went from being a commoner to being the queen; She is so loved by the king that he offered her up to half of his kingdom!

Have you ever stopped to contemplate if Esther returned his love? Have you thought about the friends she may have made during her preparation time before she was presented to the king?

This book is of course a fictional take on the beloved tale but you will not be disappointed. I literally sat on the edge of my seat in anticipation of how it would all unfold.

If you love the story of Esther and you appreciate historical fiction then I strongly suggest this book.
View all my reviews|Read an Excerpt

Amazon|CBD|Barnes&Noble

Joan Wolf was born in New York City but has lived most of her adult life with her husband in Connecticut , where she raised two children and countless numbers of assorted animals. Joan is the author of numerous historical novels including The Road to Avalon which Publishers Weekly lauded as “historical fiction at its finest.”
For more about Joan and her other books, please visit www.joanwolf.com.

Post a Comment