Bread Machine Pizza Dough

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

This recipe started out with one I'd found online and morphed into my own recipe. I kept tweaking it until I found exactly the taste that I wanted. 


The original recipe is quite good but I feel that each family have their own unique needs, desires and tastes and thus, I set out to adapt this for my own family. The recipe below is how I make it!  Differences are that I've added spices, Himalayan salt, cheese and substitute stevia for the sugar.



Ingredients

2 c all purpose flour
1 TBSP butter, softened
1/4 TSP Stevia (or 1 TBSP Sugar)
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt *I use Himalayan Salt*
1/2 c plus 2 TBSP warm water
1/6 c. Shredded Cheese (See notes below)
 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning

Doubled (for 2 pizzas):
4 c flour
2 TBSP butter, softened
1/2 TSP Stevia (or 2TBSP sugar)
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp salt *I use Himalayan Salt*
1 1/3 c water (105-110 degrees)
1/3 c. Shredded Cheese (See notes below)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning



 Instructions

  1. Add all ingredients into your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer (I put mine in as follows: water, flour, stevia, seasoning, salt, yeast, cheese) 
  2. Turn bread machine on to the dough setting and let it run until it has finished.
  3. After the bread machine is done your dough should be nice and fluffy. Dump the dough out on a pizza pan that has been greased with olive oil. Since I always double the recipe...I half the dough at this point
  4. Roll the dough out to fill your pan. I usually turn the dough over once to allow both sides to become nicely coated with the olive oil that I placed on the pan.
  5. When your dough covers your pan, make your pizza and bake at 400-425 for 18-25 minutes
Variations in this recipe are the adding of cheese, different type of salt (though you can use regular salt if you prefer) and cheese in the dough.  A side note is that you can use a variety of cheeses if you like. I have used  mild cheddar, Parmesan and mozzarella and even the premixed Italian shredded cheeses with success. The cheese simply gives the dough a bit more flavor **I also occasionally add garlic to the dough and that is also tasty!**

If you try this recipe and want to add to it or try new variations, I'd love to see it!

Post a Comment