Review: The Parting

Monday, January 23, 2012

The Parting
The Parting by Beverly Lewis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is the first book I have read by Beverly Lewis. I will definitely be checking out the rest of this series as well as the rest of her books. The main character of this story is Nellie Fisher, a young Amish woman who has just lost her sister in a tragic drowning. Her parents are understandably heartbroken and also distraught at the idea that their child has possibly died without hope of salvation. At first I was slightly confused by the plot until I realized that not only is this book Amish fiction, it is also historical. Amish and Mennonite fiction outlines the conflicts of faith in regards to keeping the 'Old Ways' and embracing all that the Holy Bible teaches - a powerful message of forgiveness, healing and salvation. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.



View all my reviews

Post a Comment