Review: A Sister's Hope

Friday, January 6, 2012


A Sister's Hope
A Sister's Hope by Wanda E. Brunstetter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



"A Sister's Hope" is book number three in the Sisters of Holmes County series by Wanda E. Brunstetter. I am really glad I gave this series a chance. This book follows the storyline of the youngest sister - the very lively and spunky Martha.

Martha has fallen in love with Luke despite her father's dislike for the boy. She is determined to clear his name as her dad believes he is the one responsible for the attacks against their family that went as far as to take her older sister's husband from her in a tragic buggy accident.

I will be honest, I did find the attacks to drag on a bit too long. I began to get bored of the attacks and really wanted to skip ahead and just see who the attacker was. However, I did enjoy that the author never really gave away who the attacker was. Though I wasn't very surprised, I found that my own list of suspects was just as large as Martha's and I never could really pinpoint who it was.

All in all I was very pleased with the outcome. I enjoyed the faith and trust the characters found in the Lord and the lessons I could learn from that. I did enjoy the book, I just felt the story was dragged out too long. I will probably read books from this author again and would still recommend the books to those that love the Amish genre.

You can read my reviews of "A Sister's Secret" and "A Sisters Test" here.



View all my reviews

Post a Comment