Review: Eragon

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eragon
Eragon by Christopher Paolini

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I picked up ‘Eragon’, being a fan of the fantasy genre, I thought this was a book I would really enjoy. This book, as the title suggests, tells the story of Eragon, a young boy who has found a mysterious stone that turns out to be a dragon egg. After his uncle is murdered, Eragon sets off on an adventure with Saphira, his dragon, and the ever mysterious storyteller from Carvahall, Brom. ‘Eragon’ is suitable for young adults, but is still enjoyable by adults who take pleasure in a light read. I could have sworn I saw brief similarities to Tolkien and perhaps a bit of Goodkind, as though
the author drew inspiration from these authors. You can definitely tell the book was written by someone who reads a lot of the fantasy genre. So, while the story wasn't completely original, it was still enjoyable. I give it 5 stars and I do plan to read the rest of the Inheritance series.



View all my reviews

Post a Comment