Review: The Forbidden

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Forbidden
The Forbidden by Beverly Lewis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



"The Forbidden" is the second book in The Courtship of Nellie Fisher
series and I'm quickly becoming a Beverly Lewis fan. As you know, if you've read my review of "The Parting", this is my first series that I have read by Lewis and it has been a joy.

"The Forbidden" continues to explore the romance between Nellie and her beau, Caleb. His father has completely forbidden any contact with the Fisher family due to their recent turn from the Old Order Church and embracing salvation. Nellie is torn between her family, her heart and the love of her life. I won't say which she
chooses, as to not ruin the story for those that haven't yet read it, but I was happy with her decision.

I have to say, I simply couldn't put this book down. Not for the main character, but for her friend Rosanna's character. Rosanna feels like a real person and my heart broke for her and her husband at the trials that they are facing. I absolutely can't wait to pick up book three to find out how their story ends.

If you're looking for a more realistic view of the Amish views and their faith then I strongly suggest this book series. Though it is set in the 1960s it does give a really good look at what they believe as well as their lifestyle.

A fantastic read. I look forward to the next installment!



View all my reviews

Post a Comment