Review: The Scent Of Cherry Blossoms: A Romance From The Heart Of Amish Country

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Scent Of Cherry Blossoms: A Romance From The Heart Of Amish Country
The Scent Of Cherry Blossoms: A Romance From The Heart Of Amish Country by Cindy Woodsmall

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



'The Scent of Cherry Blossoms' by Cindy Woodsmall was a fantastic read! The story revisits a couple of characters from previous Woodsmall books, Roman and Aden Zook, as well as introduces us to Annie Martin, a 'horse and buggy' Mennonite. One thing I simply love about Woodsmall is that while her books are a series they can also be
read as standalone novels. If you're an avid reader, you start to get a feel for the characters in her community and it's really nice to revisit them when new novels hit the shelves.

I truly enjoyed the characters in this book. My own daughter suffered from a speech impediment, luckily, therapy has worked for her. Because of the extensive therapy we've been through with her, I felt a closeness to Aden and was pleased with how his character was written. So many times people look at someone with a speech difficulty as "slow" and Woodsmall respectfully showed that many times that is not
the case. I was glad he was able to find someone who could love him for who he was, regardless of his speech problem!

I anticipate seeing a future installment that explores more of Roman's story. I felt his part of the story was tied up a little too soon, but hope that in doing so it will mean a new story to read in the future!

A fantastic book, and a lovely little romance!

Special thanks goes out to Waterbrook Multnomah from whom I received this book as a gift for reviewing "The Christmas Singing"



View all my reviews

Post a Comment