My Week in Review 1/04/14-1/11/15

Sunday, January 11, 2015

First off...HAPPY NEW YEAR! Secondly, I’m a slacker, there…I said it.  Last year I started a blog series called, “My Week in Review,” and I had such an amazing response to it.  Life got crazy and I found myself slacking.  You know those moments in life where you sit down at your computer to catch everyone up and you were so busy that you feel overwhelmed even trying to form the words to describe your week? That was pretty much my life last year.

Life is still busy.  In ways I wish I could say that things had slowed to a more reasonable pace and that the whirlwind I live in had slowed to a breeze rather than a raging gale.  Unfortunately, that just isn’t the case and life is busier than ever.

I can’t even begin to hope to catch everyone up on everything that has gone on in the last year so I’ll just pick right back up in reviewing my weeks.


Monday was the first music lessons of the New Year. We now have three children that are taking lessons. Two of the girls are still taking violin and one is taking piano.  Piper and Paris have set new goals for the upcoming year. Piper especially has really wanted to get serious about her playing and has pledged to practice more than ever.

Tuesday we drove all the way to Charlotte to Levine Children’sHospital. Some of you may recall that
Kahlan started therapy and got her orthotics last year for her legs that turn in.

  Well, now Arie (the newest baby) is having some issues with her legs as well and we’re trying to find out exactly what is going on.  Unfortunately, we were brushed aside. Luckily, the girls have a great team of therapists looking out for them and they’re moving forward in finding a doctor that will take their issues seriously. I’ll elaborate on this more at a later date. I’m just so over rehashing it this week!

Wednesday is of course therapy day.  Nothing much to report this week…same ole same ole. Actually, no it wasn't, Kahlan started speech therapy. That was new. Silly little lady told me, “I’ve waited my whole life for this.”

Thursday was ballet day.  Not sure that Kahlan is really learning much. She’s so strong willed that I think she ends up teaching the class but that’s okay! We’re just doing it so she has more time to work on her core strength. 

Friday was my usual chiropractor visits for my own joint pain (which I'm pretty sick of already).   I had turned around in my seat and really hurt my shoulder so I was glad to get some relief. Unfortunately, while I was there I became a little irritated at the receptionist for being kind of rude. Not even worth repeating what she said but let’s just say it was one of those moments of rudeness that comes from a person who thinks it is their business if you have more children or not.

Last but not least, today we finally got to celebrate Christmas with my sister and her family.  We had a blast and I will have to take pictures of the awesome gifts we received.  Two words: Coffee mugs. Trust me, pictures will follow!  Maybe a recipe as well!

In closing, I thought I’d share what I finished reading and what I’m picking up this week

Finished (review coming soon!)



In Progress (nearly finished)



 Picking up this week:


Post a Comment