Monday Munchies: Cake Decorating Made Easy

Monday, March 19, 2012

This past Saturday, March 17th, happened to be my 30th birthday. As for all birthdays in our house, I provide the cake. I knew I wanted something chocolate and of course, I wanted it to look nice. I came across this idea on pinterest and I used it as my inspiration.


Pretty much this is all you do

  • Bake two 9" cakes and let them cool completely
  • Place the first cake onto your plate and ice the entire thing. It doesn't have to look good as the icing will not be visible.
  • Stack the next cake on top of the first and cover the whole thing with icing.
  • Take pirouette wafers and press them into the icing around the cake.
  • Tie a ribbon around the cake and put something on the top of the cake. I chose silk flowers but you could use fruit or candies.
And this is what I ended up with!

Thanks Pinterest!!!

3 Responses to “Monday Munchies: Cake Decorating Made Easy”