Review: Eldest

Friday, March 30, 2012


Eldest
Eldest by Christopher Paolini

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



"Eldest" is the second book in the Inheritance Cycle, by Christopher Paolini. I really enjoyed the first installment - Eragon - and while this was a good read, it didn't feel very original. I found Eragon's training at the Jedi Encla...err I mean, with his Master, Oromis, to be rather tedious at times. Oromis wasn't really described, except for being hairless -- I kind of picture him as being green with pointed ears. Arya reminds me of Padme. Though, unlike Padme, I would probably have cheered if Eragon had force choked her. Having gotten my tirade out of the way, I will say I did enjoy the book. Though, again, I didn't feel it was very original. I really enjoyed Roran's parts of the story and I look forward to seeing how that plays out. I enjoyed the landscape, the magic and the adventure. I do think I will enjoy the rest of the series. I just hope that book three and four offer a bit more originality than "Eldest". It wasn't the best (or worst) book I've ever read and I would still suggest the series to others, so it isn't a total loss! To review what I had to say about Eragon click here.



View all my reviews

Post a Comment